Controlling Number of Tests/Users

Nov 6, 2007 at 3:52 PM
Perhaps I just don't understand VSTE for Testers or the test plug-in that this sample generates, but I'm having a difficult time understanding how to control the number of tests/users that are started/simulated when using this sample. I've generated 50 sample query files (using the Project REAL sample included), set up the LoadTest1.loadtest scenario to use a constant user count of 50, etc. However, whenever I run the test, I seem to get a random number of tests started (which I think equates to the same number of connections(users) within SSAS. For example, I run the LoadTest1.loadtest scenario one time and get 17 connections to SSAS, running through the 16 queries that are in sample query files 1 through 17. I run it again and get 10 connections to SSAS, running through the 16 queries that are in sample query files 1 through 10.

What am I doing wrong or where do I control the number of tests/users actually started by the load test (other than where I have indicated a constant user count of 50 in the LoadTest1.loadtest scenario?

Thanks!

Dave Fackler
Feb 24, 2008 at 4:30 AM
Did you figure out how to control the user load? I'm also trying to do it now...

davefackler wrote:
Perhaps I just don't understand VSTE for Testers or the test plug-in that this sample generates, but I'm having a difficult time understanding how to control the number of tests/users that are started/simulated when using this sample. I've generated 50 sample query files (using the Project REAL sample included), set up the LoadTest1.loadtest scenario to use a constant user count of 50, etc. However, whenever I run the test, I seem to get a random number of tests started (which I think equates to the same number of connections(users) within SSAS. For example, I run the LoadTest1.loadtest scenario one time and get 17 connections to SSAS, running through the 16 queries that are in sample query files 1 through 17. I run it again and get 10 connections to SSAS, running through the 16 queries that are in sample query files 1 through 10.

What am I doing wrong or where do I control the number of tests/users actually started by the load test (other than where I have indicated a constant user count of 50 in the LoadTest1.loadtest scenario?

Thanks!

Dave Fackler