Analysis Trace Data?

Sep 19, 2011 at 11:55 PM

hello:

In your doc you mentioned that you have used this report for traces collected for your customer.

My question is, if do profiler traces for Analysis Server, then how i can use your report to display results for this trace.

Any sample about how to modify & use for new traces is greatly appreciated.

Thanking in advance.

Thanks

Regards

Coordinator
Sep 20, 2011 at 9:58 PM

Can you elaborate? Which doc are you referring to? What type of information is your customer expecting to see?

There are a number of samples inside this "SSAS Community Samples" project on CodePlex. Which are you referring to?

Sep 22, 2011 at 11:40 PM

Hello:

As per your word doc "A Solution for Collecting Analysis Service Performance Data for Performance Analysis.docx" As shown below.

'Using the Sample Reports to Query the Collected Data' on page-9 as state below.

You could also use these reports to compare a specified time period with a baseline. We have also used these reports to analyze an Analysis Services profiler traces sent to us by customers to determine the worst performing queries and to quickly identify the types of problems that the data reveals are the source of the problem for the poorly performing queries.

Thanks

Coordinator
Sep 24, 2011 at 3:24 PM

I believe Start_Collection.cmd is going to call Start_SSAS_Server_Trace.xmla which will begin logging trace events to a file. Then you'll need to run Load_SSAS_trace_data.dtsx to load the .trc files into SQL server for the reports to see them. But all this is documented in that word doc you mentioned.