ResMon

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:28 PM
Hi,

Just wandering why I always have the error message:
The connection either timed out or was lost
Coordinator
Mar 11, 2014 at 3:22 AM
Can you provide any more info? Did you edit the data source connection string? What's the name of your instance? Is it a default instance or a named instance? Do you connect with a fully qualified domain name.
Mar 12, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Yes I did edit the data source connection string from
Analysis Services is not the default instance, then exit the XMLA script before running it. For Analysis Services 2008 find "MSAS 2008", and replace with
"MSOLAP$OT1D0094".

The only thing is on that server OT1D0094, I only have Microsoft Analysis Server 10.0.5500.0.
My Database Engine is on another server OT1D0092.

I did try RESMON on another server OT1D0082 which have the Database Engine and SSAS on the same server, and it is working fine.

Do you have any Idea?

Thanks you
Mar 12, 2014 at 1:37 PM
Sorry It is my default instance OT1D0094
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2014 at 5:59 PM
If it's the default instance, when you are on remote desktop on that server, can you connect to SSAS using the server name localhost in SSMS?

The error message you receive occurs when? When you try to process the initial ProcessFull of the database? Can you open Profiler and connect to SSAS and capture all the error messages reported and paste them into this thread?
Mar 14, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Thanks you very much, it’s working now. I have to remote desktop on that server and connect to SSAS using the server name localhost in SSMS and by using a different account probably that account have more permission.

I am verifying the measure PerfMon, dimension PerfMon in the ResMon cube.
Is it normal that those fields are empty.

Thanks