How to add requests/sec

May 4, 2007 at 1:20 PM
Thank you for the great sample!

Instead of using think time, I'd like to evaluate the server throughoutput by applying an ever-increasing load to the server and measure requests/sec. In this case, requests/sec should equal the MDX queries processed by the server. However, I don't seem to find a way to add the requests/sec counter to the test results. Is this possible?
Jun 5, 2007 at 6:47 PM
Yes...this is possible. First off, you'll need to made sure you generate a number of client files that equals the max number of concurrent users during the "step". Next, change the load pattern from constant to step under the scenario section. Complete as needed. Then your requests/sec counter is really the test/sec counter under the Overall|Test counter group (but it should already be selected by default).
Jun 14, 2007 at 2:27 PM
Thank you, James. The step-based test worked really well. The only thing is that tests/sec doesn't return the MDX queries/sec processed by the server because a test file may have several queries in it. I tried connections: requests/sec but that counts the connection requests and equates to tests/sec.

Is there any way to track the queries/sec processed by SSAS?